Monday, July 26, 2010

Bob Indiana at the Farnsworth

Just in from the Farnsworth where Bob joined Michael Komanecky for a discussion on the EAT sculpture and its' original installation at the 64' Worlds Fair. It was great to see Bob again after a bit of time has passed since we spent so much time together working on last summer's film. It was a great program with plenty of audience involvement. Bob seemed to enjoy himself which is always nice. Good to see him come alive with the questions from the audience, and while I knew most of the stories and could almost recite them along with him, it was great to hear him tell them yet again.

Update on Charles Wilder Oakes: Charlie and I have completed our initial work together and the short sample of the work in progress is back from the DVD production house. I look forward to getting the sample around in order to help raise the funds we need to complete the project. Charlie is a true Maine original and on-screen is one of the most compelling artist I've worked with. The search for funding begins - more as we progress.

This afternoon I had the opportunity to meet Cabot Lyford and his wife up at Tom O'Donovan's Harbor Square Gallery. A couple of weeks ago, Tom and I had talked about the possibility of my working on a film on Cabot and when he and his wife stopped by the gallery, Tom gave me a call. I ran up for a visit and truly enjoyed chatting with Cabot. I'm looking forward to visiting him at his studio next month. Charming and frank I believe he might well be an interesting subject for a film. More to come.