Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello from New York

Waking up in Manhattan this morning and getting ready for a week long shoot. Last night I drove in around 2:00 dropped off my rental and kicked around the city a bit. It's always great to be in New York, though I must confess that I'm feeling a bit off my game. Maybe it's just the thought of the shooting schedule for the week ahead. I'm certain that as soon as I catch a couple of subway rides and grab a banana cup cake from Billy's, I'll be energized and ready to go.

I certainly shouldn't complain - I have three projects with funding in various stages of production and a fourth that appears will be funded soon. Still waiting on funding leads for the Charlie Oakes film but I certainly haven't given up.

Capped off last night by screening a truly original film. Inception is proof that films that don't fit into some pre-exsisting Hollywood formula occasionally still get made. Christopher Nolan stays within his genre but stretches it a bit with a clever plot that requires you to think as you hang on for the ride. Good performances for the most part, though I'm not convinced that Ellen Page was the best choice for the role but certainly not a disaster. Of course, now we'll be subjected to a bunch of "Inception-like" films in the coming year or two. See Inception and keep your eyes peeled for the next truly original concept, which should hit theaters near you sometime in 2015.

I'l be in touch this week with updates from New York.