Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Observations from the front porch

Well, I intended to keep my readers up to date on the day to day of my recent New York shoot but as often happens when I'm in New York, I have a hard time staying still long enough to accomplish anything at a desk. So now I'm back in Owls Head, enjoying a spectacular morning on my front porch. The weather has perfect timing because on a morning like this it's very hard to miss being in New York.

The past ten days were a rather long, exhaustive, but highly successful shoot. All told, I did eleven on camera interviews and six location shoots. In addition, I had the chance to sit down with Ira Goldberg, the director of the Art Students League and set up a screening of Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work, at the League next month. In between I managed a bit of time to walk the streets, ride the subways and feel ever more at home in New York.

Let the editing begin!