Saturday, October 1, 2011

Manhattan - Day 18

Saturday in the Park with Dale

Took a day off from editing and headed out this morning for a walk with no particular destination in mind. I ended up in Union Square Park where the big farmers market was taking place. Beautiful produce and other fresh foods, had myself some homemade cider donuts and continued uptown.




Stopped and took in a movie and would highly recommend 50/50. I laughed, I cried and Seth Rogan didn't get on my nerves.



After that I stopped off in madison Square Park and had a coffee and shot these self portraits.






The distant shot I did using the timer and while I was taking it I looked up and noticed this young girl watching me. She walked over, thinking I'm sure - look at this poor pathetic old guy trying to take a picture of himself, and ask if I'd like her to take the picture. I thanked her and politely declined but had to laugh.

Finished off tonight back at Juilliard for another great recital, this time featuring the music of Juilliard faculty member, Eric Ewazen. All in all a pretty nice day. Tomorrow, back to work. I have a Tuesday deadline.