Saturday, October 8, 2011

Manhattan - Day 25

Last stop on the Steve Jobs Memorial tour.

I'd been hearing that the 5th Avenue Apple Store seemed to be the main location for the Jobs Memorial, so this morning I grabbed a coffee and went uptown to have a look see. Sure enough, the memorial there was substantially larger than the ones at the other stores and apparently still growing four days after his death.


Of course later in the day, back in Chelsea, I could see that the memorial at 14th street hadn't slowed down either.


It was however a beautiful Indian Summer day so I swung by the Union Square farmers Market . . .


. . . and then, just before dinner, I took a stroll over to Washington Square to check in on the 99% movement and their protest against the corruption on Wall Street and the unfair distribution of wealth in this country. As you can see, quite a turnout. 
Hey, people are pissed.