Sunday, October 2, 2011

Manhattan - Day 19

Well day 19 seemed an awful lot like any other day in Dana Point or Owls Head or . . . wherever. I woke up on a simply glorious fall day, walked the three blocks over to Alaska, my now favorite deli for a coffee (don't ask, haven't a clue about the name). Came back, sat down at the desk and began editing. three and a half hours later I stopped, walked four blocks the other way and had breakfast at Moonstruck Diner. Came back, went back to work. By four I was a bit fried from looking at the computer screen all day so I went out for a walk, stopped on the way back for another cup of coffee, came home and had my coffee with some pumpkin gingerbread I bought at the Farmers Market yesterday while I caught up on a bit of TV on the computer. Then I checked the Brown's score - they lost of course, and now I'm finishing this before settling in to read a bit before I turn in. Okay, so I walked here for coffee and there for breakfast and down to the West Village for some air this afternoon so it's not quite like Dana Point or Owls Head, but on the other hand, it seems a lot less different that it did the first eighteen days. Even in the greatest city in the world - life is what you make it (and knowing where to get your favorite coffee).