Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Manhattan - Day 35

Well the results are in. I've spent over a month now walking and training up and down the island of Manhattan and I've identified my street of choice. Well first, I have to say that it came down to a few all in the West Village and while Waverly is lovely as are parts of Christopher, Bank and Greenwhich, in the end it came down to two - Horatio and Perry.

And the winner is . . .


Ultimately it was that perfect blend of residential and a touch of businesses that swayed me. Of course, that fact that it is anchored on one end by my favorite coffee shop, was a determining factor. 






Note: I was not swayed, however, by the fact that Carrie Bradshaw from Sex In the City lived on Perry. It took me a whie to figure out that all those people having their pictures taken in front of 66 Perry were not visiting the site of the former home of some literary giant such as Henry James.